Monday 30 July 2012

Personalised Wedding Cushion

Today i thought I'd share a recent commission i have just finished.  A customer who has purchase a few items off my Facebook Page contacted me recently and asked if could make her a personalised wedding cushion with a VW camper van on.  I loved making it as i don't get as much time to do applique projects as I'd like.  On this occasion i decided to do it slightly different and found a handy tip that i will always use from now on.  Instead of appliqueing the cut pieces onto the cushion face i decided to heat n bond the pieces first and fix them in place then applique over them.  I'm so glad i did it made the process so much easier as the pieces didn't move around and were easier to cut out as well as they were a bit more sturdy.  Anyway what do you think of the end result?......

4 comments:

  1. It's great Tina! I always always use bondaweb for applique now it saves heartaches later on when you realise the thing you are sewing has moved! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cushion Tina :)
    I have just discovered bondaweb too, it's fab :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cushion are so beautiful....I love pink in bedroom.It bring feeling of cleanliness,peace and politeness....I have my room curtains and most of bed-sheet in pink so it would have great match in my bedroom.

    http://rakhigiftsandflowers.blogspot.com/2018/06/some-of-best-flower-basket-designs-for.html

    ReplyDelete